About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people to succeed in the digital age. Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level and we need YOU to help us drive our learning programmes to achieve long-lasting change.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work, and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator after all)
- Well-being initiatives and jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
About the challenge
At UpSkill we are committed to building learning interventions that inspire a culture of life-long learning and provide organisations with the support, skills and solutions they need to thrive in the digital world. Our learning experiences sit in the sweet spot where industry-leading learning design meets a global ecosystem of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), trainers and perfectly blended delivery.
As we continue to partner with forward-thinking organisations, we have an exciting opportunity and are on the look-out for an exceptional Learning Experience Designer. Working within our Learning team, you will be creating an engaging, inclusive and accessible range of learning experiences for a variety of stakeholders at scale. You will get hands-on with Lesson plans, deck builds, scripts, e-learning modules and so much more!
What does success look like?
- You have a minimum of 3+ years experience as a learning designer or instructional designer.
- You have significant and demonstrable experience in designing a range of learning experiences (classroom, eLearning, blended etc) at scale.
- You will bring experience of creating a variety of learning assets, including lesson plans, course curriculums, video learning assets such as storyboards and scripts.
- You can confidentiality build content for a range of organisational levels including for leadership teams, C-Suite, management teams and grassroots employees.
- You have a passion for all things digital and tech related and an ability to disseminate this know-how in a learner-centred way.
- You have unparalleled attention to detail and a passion for embodying the client brand and tone of voice in all the content you create.
- You love to ideate, innovate and challenge - constantly finding new and creative ways to engage learners.
- You’ve pitched learning solutions and interventions to global organisations and clients.
- You are passionate about creating content that supports Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Progression initiatives
What are some of the things I will be doing?
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders, including clients, to design and build impactful learning experiences within the digital learning and EDI sphere - including end-to-end course development.
- Deliver high quality, client-ready assets within specific timeframes.
- Support the Learning Experience Manager on the ideation and implementation of digital learning products that support our inclusion mission.
- Ensure learning assets produced are learner-centred, pedagogically sound and future-facing.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Learning Design team (both internal and freelance) and members of other internal teams to provide consistently high-quality learning program delivery to our clients.
- Support the onboarding of new training facilitators to ensure our learning products are delivered as effectively as possible.
- Develop innovative and immersive learning solutions that help tackle issues that impact marginalised groups, and support organisations to build more inclusive and equitable work environments.
- Contribute to the creation of sales and marketing assets where appropriate and in collaboration with our Growth team and marketing agency.
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 15 minute informal chat so we can get to know you and understand your motivations to join us
- We will then ask you to submit a video that is no longer than 2-3 minutes answering competency-based questions about the role you're applying for
- You will then be set up for a second stage interview with your potential manager so you have the chance to ask questions and learn a bit more about the team you are joining
- We will give you a chance to show off your skills through a test specifically designed for the role
- Finally, you will have a last stage interview with a team member from another department to ensure that we are not being biased in our approach
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.