About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital is a learning and digital empowerment company with a unique approach. Since 2015 we’ve trained over 500,000 individuals across 34 countries, to develop vital digital skills through our B2B and workforce upskilling programme.
As a company we have big plans, to continue our expansion and growth in the UK, and roll out our programs targeting the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific and Subsaharan Africa markets. We’ve just had our biggest year of growth and we want to build an iconic company recognised for its innovative approach to delivering scalable learning.
We help some of the world’s best-known brands such as Google, Microsoft, BT and HSBC to think big and scale their learning programs, and this role will be integral for further developing that exciting list and managing the team of growth consultants.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work, and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Competitive company-wide objective based bonus and outbound commission structure
- Access to our internal well-being committee and initiatives
- Cycle Scheme and Tech Scheme
- Well-being initiatives and jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
About the Challenge
We are looking for an exceptional Sales Director with a successful track record of building and executing go-to-market strategies to achieve our ambitious growth agenda. You relish the task of taking on the bigger competitors, and establishing robust relationships with Multinational Corporations. You’ll need to be highly capable of understanding the best ways in which to sell our experience-, service- and platform-based propositions, as well as knowing how to successfully close extremely large deals.
We need someone who has been highly successful in delivering their personal targets, with exceptional sales leadership experience. This person will have extensive experience in managing key client relationships, closing strategic, multi-year opportunities across multiple territories worldwide, and be able to take an insight-led approach to building the capability of the teams in both their direct control and indirect influence.
You have a proven track record of success, a strong network, can rise to the challenge and love to succeed. You will be responsible for building a high-performance sales culture and have 7+ years experience selling complex B2B learning & development solutions, social impact programs or learning consultancy services to Enterprises and Multinational Corporations.
*It’d be a bonus if you also:
- Have experience in engaging senior decision makers in the Learning & Development / Training industry at large or mid-sized businesses
- Have exceptional relationship management skills with a consultative sales style
- Are comfortable acting as a peer to senior stakeholders (e.g. Director level HR professionals)
- Have experience selling Data and Digital Transformation programs
- Have a proven track record of securing business from large organisations with a prolonged sales cycle and worked with CRM systems
What's the job exactly? Main duties will include:
- Planning and executing sales strategies that drive new business, renewals and expansions
- Establishing and implementing go-to-market strategies across all UpSkill products
- Managing talented team of Growth Consultants (SDRs) to ensure that you have a consistent rolling pipeline coverage through your own prospecting and team successes
- Manage and drive team performance to hit goals and encourage sharing of best practice
- Building our brand through relevant social channels and at relevant industry events to maximise future growth
- Selling tailored solutions that address customer challenges and understand their learning plans and projects in the most effective way
- Define and manage our the inbound and outbound marketing budgets to maximise profitability
- Develop and maintain prospecting records via our CRM (HubSpot) to produce sales reports (monthly & quarterly) including activity progress and sales achievement forecasts
- Act as a player-coach in the sales team, bringing your experience to help create outstanding new business processes and practices
- Constantly be looking for ways to improve deal conversions and the efficiency of our process
- Responsibility for setting, managing and reporting on OKRs for the sales team
- Establish a continuous approach to sales feedback that leverages our CRM to look at daily activity, pipeline development results, conversion rate, and average sales cycle across sales’ deals.
- Create customised presentations and pitches as well as cost estimates for clients based on requirements and best practice
- Producing weekly, monthly, quarterly reports
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 15 minute informal chat so we can get to know you and understand your motivations to join us
- We will then ask you to submit a video that is no longer than 2-3 minutes answering scenario and competency-based questions about the role you're applying for
- You will then be set up for a second stage interview with your potential manager so you have the chance to ask questions and learn a bit more about the team you are joining
- We will give you a chance to show off your skills through a test specifically designed for the role
- Finally, you will have a last stage interview with a team member from another department to ensure that we are not being biased in our approach
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer.. And for that reason, we take diversity and inclusion seriously in our hiring processes too.
We are committed to building a team that represents a whole host of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.