About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people to succeed in the digital age. Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work, and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator after all)
- Well-being initiatives and jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
About the challenge
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our rapidly expanding People Operations department is critical to our ongoing success as we continue to scale. We’re on the lookout for an ambitious, innovative and fastidious Talent Specialist to join our team and help us find, recruit and onboard the best people to help us achieve our mission.
What does success look like?
- 3+ years of work experience in either internal or agency recruitment
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrable proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused environment
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritise activities effectively while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to translate business requirements into strategic talent acquisition actions with positive, measurable business impact
- A true self-starter who brings a willingness to be hands-on throughout daily activities
- A flexible approach and ability to operate in a fast-moving and demanding environment
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems to manage candidates and LinkedIn Recruiter for sourcing
- Full proficiency in English (additional languages would also be extremely beneficial)
What are some of the things I will be doing?
- Partner with hiring managers and internal stakeholders to evaluate, define and report on the hiring pipeline for all open positions - including freelance and contractor roles.
- Review all job ads and ensure our job descriptions are inclusive and deliberately encourage applicants from marginalised groups
- Proactively source candidates through online channels (e.g. LinkedIn Recruiter), implement referrals and sourcing campaigns to find and engage both active and passive candidates
- Take ownership of key components of the applicant pipeline including screening CVs, communicating with candidates and early-stage interviews (phone, virtual and in-person)
- Report on turnover and retention rates, competitor analysis and compensation benchmarking, to ensure our processes are effective, appropriate and competitive
- Effectively evaluate potential third-party partnerships, building strong working relationships with external recruitment agencies to support the hiring process for niche vacancies
- Ensure employer branding is consistent across job ad platforms and our ads are enticing and attractive
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 15 minute informal chat so we can get to know you and understand your motivations to join us
- We will then ask you to submit a video that is no longer than 2-3 minutes answering competency-based questions about the role you're applying for
- You will then be set up for a second stage interview with your potential manager so you have the chance to ask questions and learn a bit more about the team you are joining
- We will give you a chance to show off your skills through a test specifically designed for the role
- Finally, you will have a last stage interview with a team member from another department to ensure that we are not being biased in our approach
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.